Read Stranger in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy by Carl R. Sams and Jean Stoick.
Make Tube Snowmen with toilet paper
tubes, paper, glue, and markers or crayons.
To make a hat for a snowman, you can use black paper, black marker, and part of a cardboard egg carton. If you want a scarf for your snowman, you can use ribbon.
1. Cover a toilet paper tube with white paper. Glue it on.
2. Print this page and cut out the circles.
3. The largest two circlea will be your snowman's body. Draw buttons down the middle of them.
4. The small circle will be your snowman's head. Draw eyes, nose, and a mouth on it.
5. Stand the toilet paper tube on end. Line up the bottom of the largest circle with the bottom of the tube. Glue just the center of this circle(behind
his row of buttons) to the front of the tube.
6. Line up the buttoms on the middle sized circle with the buttoms on the largest circle. Overlap the bottom of the middle sized circle with the top of the largest circle. Glue just the center of the middle sized circle(behind his row of buttons) to the front of the tube.
7. Glue the snowman's head to the front
of the tube. Line up the top of the head
circle with the top of the tube. The head
circle will overlap the middle sized circle a bit. Glue just the center of his head (from his chin to the top of his head) to the front of the tube.
8. To make a snowman hat, cut out a circle of black paper the same size as the largest circle above. From a cardboard egg carton, cut off one section (or bump.) Use a black marker to color the egg carton section. Turn it upside down and glue it to the black circle. Then glue his hat on top of the toilet paper tube.
9. If you want your snowman to have a scarf, add a ribbon around his neck and tie it. If you don't have ribbon, use a long strip of paper.
By Susan Penney, NESI